The EMD F59PHI is a diesel-electric locomotive still hard at work on passenger trains in the United States and Canada.
It was first built in 1994 by General Motors’ Electro-Motive Division (EMD) and later by EMD’s successor company,
Electro-Motive Diesel. With its sleek streamlined design and distinctive detailing, our F59PHI is the perfect addition to
your modern passenger railroad.
Navigates O-31 curves • Length 15.75 in. • Width 2.5 in. • Height 3.875 in.
• True Blast® Plus 16-bit polyphonic sound including prime mover, horn, and bell
• dual vertical motors with flywheels
• headlights with prototypical directional lighting
• operating ditch lights
• 8-wheel drive with traction tires
• die-cast trucks, fuel tank, pilot, and wheels
• operating die-cast metal couplers
• illuminated number boards and marker lights
• roof vent detail and lift rings
• etched brass screens on sides
• separate fan covers with freely rotating fans
• separate metal steps
• rear platform detail
• fully-sprung opening cab doors
• two engineer figures
• separate windshield wipers
• metal chassis